Project Management 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is searching for an Operations Program / Project Manager to support a multiple program production environment. This position is the Production / Manufacturing interface to programs during all phases of program execution and insures efficient communication from the program and customer to all Production support organizations (Mfg. Eng., Assembly and Test, Production Control, Material Requirements Planning, Supply Chain Management and Mission Assurance). The candidate will provide the direction and project leadership for Manufacturing Operations Management by coordinating program issues that relate to the ultimate satisfaction of customer requirements on developmental and production programs. The candidate shall be responsible for interfacing between project manager and the production team (assembly and test) for the integration, testing and delivery military command and control equipment. Will ensure that programs and contracts are executable from a MRP standpoint, including schedule and product structures to ensure that the contract is fully met and time phased correctly and according to the contract. May facilitate self-directed work teams, provide training in core skill areas to teams and peers. Candidate will also be able to manage program budgets as they relate to Production / Manufacturing to include both labor and material costs. This includes the ability to analyze financial data and reports and to be able to forecast events to prevent deltas in both CPI and SPI. This position also requires responsibility for coordinating workflow, including document and data management, generation and execution of work orders, maintaining part traceability, verifying bills of materials, maintaining build records, inventory tracking and driving production resources to meet delivery schedules. Must be detail oriented and have the desire to constantly improve the production environment. Possess good written communication skills to document work performed, and be a team player. Candidate must be fluent in full Microsoft Office Suite.
This position requires direct interface with the Customer , Program Manager, Business Management, Contracts, Engineering, Manufacturing and Manufacturing Support teams including Production, Production Control, and Quality to develop, support, and manage detailed MRP based schedules and overall production objectives and execution. This position will also represent Manufacturing/ Production at all program and customer reviews; developing and presenting status, data, metrics and charts.
This position may also support internal manufacturing process improvements, or provide leadership to various manufacturing functional areas as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Industrial and Systems Engineering, or Technical Field and 6 years manufacturing / production experience or Masters degree and 4 years experience.
- At least 6 years of project management experience in a DoD manufacturing / production environment
- Experience as a Cost Account Manager
- Demonstrated understanding of material resource planning
- Experience supporting DoD proposal activities that includes BOE development, Integrated Master Schedule input, and writing contributions on at least two (2) proposals valued individually in excess of $25M
- Previous experience leading and managing teams
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Preferred Qualifications:
- PMP Certification
- Detailed understanding of Earned Value Management
- Experience as Volume Lead on a minimum of two (2) DoD proposal activities in valued individually in excess of $25M
- Experience as supporting labor and material estimates on 3 or more DoD proposal activities in valued individually in excess of $25M
- Experience with SAP or another Enterprise Resource Planning system
- Demonstrated experience developing and presenting briefings to Director and Vice President levels in a DoD environment and/or demonstrated military experience briefing at the general officer level
- Experience defending proposal input in non-advocate reviews and independent cost evaluations
- Experience several of the following areas: Materials Resource Planning, Production Control, Manufacturing Engineering, Program Management, Supply Chain, Hardware Design Engineering, Mission Assurance, shop floor management, Production Scheduling
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and advanced interconnect diagrams
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top