Project Lead - Technical Services Proj Mgmt 4
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Project Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Springfield, VA. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex applications which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel. All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia located in either Springfield, Falls Church, or Lorton. Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required. Travel to sites outside the Washington DC area may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between the customer, project team, and Program Management.
- Assess project issues/risks and identify mitigation plans and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Coordinate across other project teams and with other customer organizations to support testing, CM and production support.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with division managers and customers.
- Provide strategic oversight to software development and operations support staff using an Agile methodology while working collaboratively with Government customer daily.
- Identify project risks and mitigation plans and resolve project issues
- Provide inputs to contractual work assignment responses.
- Review project deliverables.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 9 years' experience.
- Must have an active or be able to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance.
- Experience with project/schedule planning and tracking
- Ability to motivate diverse team of analysts, developers, and testers to ensure project milestones are met on time and with high quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project staff and customers to solve complex issues and prioritize/reprioritize work.
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and a quick learner.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills to ensure elicitation, design, development, and testing of user requirements across the lifecycle.
- This role will require some hands on functional and technical skills, with prior experience supporting projects within an Oracle/Java environment with significant internal and external integrations.
- Experience with Agile tools for collaboration, CM, and tracking tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Dimensions.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Prior experience with CBP.
- Agile project leadership.
- ScrumMaster Certification
- PMP Certification
- EVM experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top