Project Lead / Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Project Lead / Senior Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries' best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communicates, our Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division (CIMS) helps life run smoothly and safely.
This position shall require you to perform as project manager for 40 FTE customer-facing engineering team transitioning a mission-critical product from its legacy architecture to a modernized architecture. As the Project Lead you will work directly with the customer to ensure team success. You will be responsible to lead personnel, analyze and forecast financials, prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and ensure quality deliverables. The Project Lead will guide the team on agile engineering practices.
If you are the sort of professional who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the CIMS Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
- Security Clearance: An active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or similar degree and nine (09) years integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, and Windows) and developing and implementing test plans and test scripts. Four (04) years of additional experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Shall have twelve (12) years of experience in systems engineering; seven (07) years of experience in the last ten (10) years
- Shall have two (02) years of experience in the SIGINT environment
- Shall have experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Shall have familiarity and experience working with MPO customer
- Shall have expertise with agile engineering
- Shall have Project management skills: leading and managing personnel, analyzing and forecasting financials, prioritizing tasks, making trade-off decisions, meeting deadlines, ensuring quality deliverables.
- Shall have the ability to work directly with customer to ensure team success
- Engineering background preferred, especially experience with or knowledge of the following technologies: Java, Linux, NiFi, Elasticsearch, Docker, etc
- Seven (07) years of experience leading, providing technical supervision, and guiding mid-level engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule, four (04) years of which shall have been on MPO projects.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top