Program Planning & Scheduling Manager 2
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Program Planning & Scheduling Manager 2 to join Northrop Grumman's Program Scheduling & Compliance Center of Excellence. This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
The Manager will be responsible for leading a department with multiple program schedulers. This position reports to the Sector Scheduling Homeroom Manager under the Sector Director of Program Scheduling and Compliance. The Manager will provide guidance, direction, and hands on support in the preparation and coordination of program plans and integrated master schedules for new and existing programs.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Roles and responsibilities of the Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage all scheduling efforts and schedule baselines for your assigned homeroom
- Ensure your homeroom schedules are in full compliance with corporate and sector scheduling processes and procedures, with particular focus on implementation of the NGMS Earned Value Management System
- Increase Focus on Scheduling Maturity by ensuring staff is developing schedules that help programs achieve cost, schedule and technical objectives and develop and maintain accurate EACs.
- Provide site schedulers with day to day hands on support, guidance, troubleshooting, and ensure Programmatic requirements are satisfied
- Function as a change agent, creating an environment of trust, compliance, continuous improvement and learning
- Project management including managing multiple priorities against ambitious timelines
- Support internal and external surveillance audits
- Provide support to bids, bid reviews, integrated baseline reviews, and internal project reviews.
- Manage resources and plans to ensure we meet our organizational commitments and our utilization rates and other indirect budget goals.
- Advise business managers in integrating project schedules with Earned Value Management
- Attend site business management meetings to define schedule needs and work with sector scheduling management on resource allocation needs
- Assist sector scheduling group in evaluating goals and objectives for site schedulers
- Perform in a fast paced, frequently changing, and demand driven environment
- Problem solving and decision making requiring excellent communication skills
- Travel 25%
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION
- Bachelors degree with 8 years experience relevant to the position as described above. (additional years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree)
- 6 years' hands-on experience in Program Planning / Scheduling utilizing Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software
- Demonstration of a strong understanding of project management and earned-value management principles and their application to complex projects.
- Experience in a DOD manufacturing or engineering development environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs (MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word).
- Experience using Schedule Health Analysis and Monte Carlo schedule risk Assessment tools
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically 25% of the time.
- Current, active US Secret level security clearance is required. (Secret level clearance active within the past 2 years may also be considered).
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Top Secret Clearance is required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration or Engineering.
- 10 years hands on experience in program planning/scheduling utilizing Microsoft Project or similar scheduling tool.
- Familiarity with Earned Value tools (Cobra, PM Compass, etc.)
- Experience in applying integrated cost/schedule and critical path methodologies within an Earned Value (EVMS) environment.
- Familiarity with the NDIA's Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide.
- Experience in Aerospace and/or Defense programs and familiarity with Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR).
- Current, active US Top Secret clearance
Back to top