Program Planning Analyst/SCHEDULER
- Rolling Meadows, IL
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Program Planning Analyst/Scheduler to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Program Scheduling and Compliance Center of Excellence. This position is located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The Program Planning Analyst/Scheduler is responsible for the implementation of standard processes and tools and program planning and control practices. This position will work within a team environment consisting of program management, technical, production, financial and other supporting staff.
The ideal candidate will have strong teambuilding skills, exhibit strong leadership potential, and possess comprehensive verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create valid and effective Program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) that incorporate all dependencies, aligns to resource availability, and identifies and aligns program milestones with contractual need dates.
- Establish ground rules and assumptions, and ensure compliance with applicable EVMS guidelines
- Identify & validate the critical path, run performance and health check metrics.
- Conduct trend analysis and report data, e.g. late start/finish, forecast dates impacts, manage program schedule margin, and changes to critical path(s)
- Monitor and develop work around utilizing schedule acceleration techniques to achieve additional margin, monitor & de-conflict internal and external influences to resources and the critical path
- Provide schedules visibility, reporting, and schedule analyses, performs risk analyses, and identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Monitor the Program IMS to ensure the IPT Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) supports the Programs execution Plan & ensures cost/schedule integration.
- Works with the IPT Lead, functional managers and control account managers to identify internal and external dependencies, milestones and deliverables.
- Frequent use of industry scheduling best practices, and specific Scheduling Tool properties and functions
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years professional related experience -OR - a Master's degree with 1 year of professional related experience. Additional years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 1 year of project scheduling experience using Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tool.
- Experience using MS Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Operations Management, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- 3 years project scheduling experience and advanced scheduling skills in Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tools
- Experience using Schedule Health Analysis tools and Schedule Risk Assessment tools
- Experience working with SAP production schedules
- Experience supporting Projects/Program of different size, contract types, and complexity.
- Experience with resource loaded schedules
- Working knowledge of EVMS guidelines and processes.
- Current US Secret level security clearance.
Back to top