Program Parts Materials & Processes, Senior Technical Lead
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an immediate opening for an Engineer 6, Electronic PM&P (Parts, Materials & Process) Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Space Park, Redondo Beach, CA.
- Provide senior technical support and execution oversight to in-house electronics manufacturing and supplier/subcontractors issues, ensuring Program and Functional PM&P requirements are met.
- Review and assess capability and effectiveness for achieving Program flow-down requirements - including Program requirements via the In-House and Subcontracted PM&P Plans, Subcontract Mission Assurance Requirement Document, Statement of Work, piece-part specifications, and equipment specifications.
- Support technical activities through multiple venues including FRB (Failure Review Board), Top Technical Issues forum, PCAB (Preventive and Corrective Action Board), and PMPCB (Parts, Materials, and Process Control Board).
- Interface regularly with Program IPTs, Program Office, and Customer community.
- Mentor a protégé "pool" to provide for bench strength & succession
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- 20 years of satellite systems & payload development, integration & production experience with emphasis on EEE Parts, Materials, & Process OR 18 years with a Master's Degree OR 15 years with a PHD Experience working with Government/Industry standards and requirements for Space Systems, especially the TOR
- Experience overseeing the technical work of Subcontractors and suppliers
- Experience interfacing regularly with Program Customers
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances: DoD Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Program Management experience
- Demonstrated high performance in self-direction and timely completion of assignments within dynamic & high-pressure team environments
- Strong leadership qualities, strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to manage conflict
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top