Program Operations Manger 2
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Program Operations Manager to support the portfolio of programs within the Advanced Tactical Networking (ATN) Operating Unit, managing day-to-day operations. Qualified candidates must have program management experience, preferably with various contract types and customers, and should possess an active SECRET clearance. The selected individual will provide leadership and support to a diverse set of programs to ensure success today and in the future. This position is located in San Diego, CA,
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide project management, operations, integration and capture support to OU programs and initiatives
- Conduct program reviews to identify cost, schedule, contractual and technical issues & challenges, and lead teams to devise and implement solutions.
- Ensure program execution and operations are compliant contract requirements and company policy
- Responsible for interfacing with Program Managers, Engineering, Business Management, Contracts, Mission Assurance and others functions to plan, coordinate and track program status and project execution.
- Generate and present status reports [staff meetings, PMR actions, IPRS inputs, MMR, MOR, etc.] for the OU Directors review and approval and presentation to BU VP, and maintain corresponding records
- Work with stakeholders to understand competing priorities and resources for facility space, capital and staffing, then develop plans, manage schedule, and provide status reports.
- Lead the planning and execution of special events and assignments
- Self-starter and problem-solver, acts independently to gather data and resolve issues
- Ability to travel to program and supplier partner locations
- Exhibit leadership characteristics, strong written and verbal communications skills and emotional intelligence.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years of work experience in Aerospace/Defense, with five (5) or more years of leadership or management experience
- Demonstrated experience as a program manager with a track record of achieving results
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions
- Attentiveness to detail
- Ability to make decisions that impact the organization's operations and services.
- Current SECRET DoD clearance, and ability to obtain SAP clearances
- Degree in STEM or business management
- Capture / proposal experience and ability to lead proposal teams
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top