Program Manufacturing Engineer 4
The Program Manufacturing Engineer will report to the Production Engineering Manager and is responsible for manufacturing engineering activities necessary to accomplish program and production engineering objectives. They will track program progress from cradle to grave, ensuring that requirements flow down happens accurately and in a timely manner. They will work closely with engineering, the program office, quality, planning, manufacturing engineers, production and materials to ensure that documentation and resources adequately support schedule, cost, producibility and quality.
- Evaluate and work with management and product manager to eliminate manufacturing constraints including labor, equipment, tooling and facilities.
- Support activities required to track earned value and provide information to cost account manager, program office and finance as required to support program objectives.
- Prepare materials for manufacturing and test readiness reviews.
- Attend design reviews, MRB meetings, FRB meetings and IPT meetings. Document minutes/actions and communicate accordingly.
- Plan manufacturing order releases. Work proactively with manufacturing engineers, tech writers, production planning and procurement to ensure manufacturing orders are ready for release according to schedule.
- Track production progress and provide updates to production and program schedulers.
- Initiate and track Engineering Change Orders and communicate design for manufacturability improvements to engineering.
- Work with engineering, quality and production to resolve Non Conformances.
- Work with IPT team and quality to identify and implement corrective actions plans.
- Contribute to proposal activities and cost estimations necessary for program budgeting.
- Create manufacturing productivity metrics associated with program performance.
- Work with Program Manufacturing Engineering peers to standardize and improve processes and procedures that impact manufacturing engineering and planning processes.
- Create manufacturing work instructions, process documents and training materials required to support production activities.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree and at least ten (10) years of experience in manufacturing engineering or a related area. Must have prior project management experience. Must be familiar with standard manufacturing concepts, best practices, and procedures preferably within the aerospace industry.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top