Program Manager II
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Structures Business Unit is part of the Northrop Grumman Innovations Systems (NGIS) sector and is a leading supplier of military and commercial aircraft and launch and propulsion structures. ASBU specializes in highly engineered composite structures products and innovative automated composite manufacturing solutions.
NGIS Aerospace Structures is currently recruiting for a Program Manager IIfor our Magna, UT facility.
- Provide team leadership / management of multiple customer/product areas from program inception to delivery; provide technical direction for tooling, materials, and processing on respective programs/take action to min risks to program objectives.
- Establish project budgets; responsible for managing/meeting cost, technical, and schedule goals i.e., planning, initiating actions, monitoring of progress and problem resolution.
- Manage the schedule/budgets of respective programs including monthly Earned Value Measurement, ETCs, quarterly EACs, customer reports, and informing management of status of significant events and opportunities.
- Manage proposal efforts, including writing proposals, creating or reviewing cost estimates, proposing alternate solutions to benefit the customer and NGIS.
- Develop/maintain long term relationships w/customers to assure good marketing and technical exchange, reinforcing the Company's reputation and ability to meet the customer's needs.
- Provide technical programmatic support to potential customers to develop new opportunities into significant sales.
- Manage other Program Managers, ensuring all programs are executed as planned.
- BS Mechanical Engineering and10 years minimum Program Management experience in an aerospace structures design and fabrication environment.
- Experience in aerospace structures design principles, practices, and procedures, specifically working knowledge of composite design, fabrication, machining, aerospace manufacturing experience and testing.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills to develop and lead teams to meet program and company objectives.
- Knowledge of preparation of technical proposals, studies and program requirements
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute programs at all phases, including concept, development and production; prepare and maintain schedules, detailed budgets, financial data, ETC/EAC and other related financial data.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills; Ability to interface effectively at and between all levels of internal and customer functional departments and executives; knowledge of preparation of technical proposals, studies and program requirements; ability to effectively coordinate efforts with related functional departments; Knowledge of preparation of executive level briefings and reviews.
- Flexibility to travel as required to support program needs including travel in state to different facilities and travel out of state to visit customer, suppliers, etc.
- Must have a US Department of Defense Secret or Top Secret security clearance.
- Familiarity with DoD procurement process, knowledge of financial systems and related financial information including EVMS.
- Knowledge and understanding of composites structures manufacturing and design principles and/or aircraft assembly, practices, and procedures within a DoD Military Aircraft manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of DoD program phases, design, testing, qualification, production, and product certification processes.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic materials, applications and testing.
Back to top