- Radcliff, KY
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman's Defense Systems sector is looking for a Manager, Programs, Level 2 to support the Mission Engineering Division. This position will be located in Louisville / Fort Knox, KY.
This opening is for an experienced Program Manager (PM) to lead a large team of Northrop Grumman and subcontractors on a Full Service IT support contract that includes application sustainment and development, and system performance analytics for the US Army Human Resources Command.
Role & Responsibilities:
As program manager, you will perform the following duties:
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs, and participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- This position will require 25% travel.
- To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's Degree plus 15 years of experience, or a Master's Degree plus 10 years of experience. Additional relevant experience can be used as substitution for education.
- Demonstrable experience managing complex IT projects / operations / systems / applications with focus on Human Resources/Capital.
- Experience in managing large projects within Federal Government, DoD or military branches environments with multiple subcontractors.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to handle multiple managerial and technical tasks simultaneously with a broad span of control.
- Must be knowledgeable of financial and business concepts required to manage for attainment of business goals.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Cloud experience.
- Knowledge of different software development methodologies.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top