Program Manager 2 - Semiconductor
- Shirley, MA
Program Manager 2 - Devens MA
Adaptive Optics Associates - Xinetics (AOA Xinetics), a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) Business Venture, is currently seeking a Program Manager 2 to manage our Semiconductor business activities in Devens MA.
AOA Xinetics (AOX) designs, develops, and manufactures precision, advanced optical products and systems for the U.S. Government, commercial customers, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. The Company has substantial growth opportunities in support of many U.S. Government and NGSP business initiatives.
AOX delivers industrial photonics systems and development services for a variety of customers and applications. AOX excels in a range of applications from adaptive optical systems, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, precision actuators, to photonic systems that acquire and process data in real time for a variety of high availability applications. AOX's capabilities include lightweight passive and active hybrid CERAFORM silicon carbide optics and precision structures as well as large and small precision opto-mechanical systems supporting electronics and sophisticated controls software.
Reporting to the Xinetics Business Area Manager, the Program Manager will lead AOX's partnership with industry leading photolithography equipment customers in the employment of adaptive optics for the continued pursuit of Moore's Law. You will be responsible for profitable execution of programs that meet schedule and customer requirements; point of contact customer satisfaction and engagement in the semiconductor market and customer set that grows the product line. Our ideal candidate will possess exceptional technical expertise and collaborative people skills with the proven ability experience to work within a technically dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced and strategically important business unit for NG Strategic Space Systems.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program gate review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Effectively communicate progress to customers, senior leadership and companywide audiences
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules
- Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
- Establishes and manages program risks and opportunities
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Will be required to write technical and cost proposals, estimate and track project costs, create project schedules, order and track project materials, and make presentations to customers and company management
- Will help conceptualize new products and work with project engineers, Purchasing, Contracts, and Cost Estimating personnel in project execution
- Assist in developing strategic plans and roadmaps, identifying required new capabilities, providing feedback on products, industry trends and customer needs, and fostering partnerships and teaming with key players to support successful proposal bids
- Support Business Areas in the development of capture plans; win strategies and Price-to-Win approaches
- Works closely with leadership to ensure full compliance with Division, Corporate, and Government policies
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline
- Experience in the semiconductor manufacturing industry (photolithography and/or semiconductor fab)
- 3 + years of Program or Project Management experience or similar (e.g. Lead IPT (Integrated Product Team), , or Lead NPT (New Product Team)
- Gated design development experience (PDR, CDR)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proven analytical, technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Advanced MS Office Suite and MS Project skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-20% of the time
- US Citizenship is a requirement for employment as candidates will be required to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
- Other duties as assigned
- MBA or Master's degree
- PMP Certification
- International business experience including export control and intellectual property management
- Experience working with micro or small precision form factor mechanisms; opto-mechanical designs; optical assembly, interferometer and alignment, test equipment and tools
- Travel to customer site 20% of the time domestic/international as required
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of times and light physical effort as required
Back to top