Program Manager 2
- Brigham City, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual for a Program Manager (PM) 2 to provide program leadership to our Advanced Programs / Propulsion Technology & Weapons team, at our Promontory Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Program Manager position will be responsible for management of solid rocket motor technology development for nozzles and related high temperature material systems. PM is responsible for leading a cross-functional team to deliver expected technical, financial, and schedule performance associated with technically challenging programs. PM will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with customers, prime contractors, industry partners, and suppliers. The position is fast paced with multiple projects running and managed in parallel. This area of responsibility also includes opportunities for interacting with Propulsion Systems leadership in support of individual growth. This position is an ideal opportunity for a self-motivated individual who wants to leverage their strong technical base, and enhance business and leadership understanding. Individual will be involved in a growth organization that is building the future for this business unit and NGC as a whole.
• Execute the USAF AFRL MCAT TO 8 Nozzle Technology Demonstration program.
• Execute the DOTC INIT1627, US Army/AvMC Nozzle Throat Materials program.
• Plan, propose and execute on discretionary and funded programs. Manage all elements including cost, schedule and technical progress.
• Market NGIS technical capabilities both internally and externally. Translate difficult to understand technical achievements into business plans.
• Grow NGIS organic capabilities into new products.
• Interface, communicate and collaborate with all NGIS, PSD, functional organizations and leadership as needed to execute on programs.
• Provide overall leadership and ownership of success for your programs.
• Establish working relationships with external customers communicating marketing, proposal, and program information.
• Manage proposal preparation (to ensure it meets NGIS business strategy, is compliant, responds to customer needs, and provides a proper base for successful negotiations and program performance).
• Candidate must have a minimum of 12 years of aerospace/defense technical experience, knowledge of business development, with 3 years program/project management experience strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of leadership and customers.
• Ability to travel 5% - 15%
• Must be able to qualify for DoD SECRET level security clearance, immediately.
• Prior experience working with a diverse team to accomplish program goals.
• Expertise in solid rocket motor design and composite materials, along with a working knowledge of safety and environmental requirements associated with rocket motor manufacturing and hardware disposal. Role requires interface with technical personnel internally and externally and working with Safety, Finance, Contracts, and Supply Chain Management organizations to effectively execute programs.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong technical background in solid rocket motor or related energetic materials technology.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Desire to become familiar with business tools and processes used at NGIS
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
• Minimum B.S. degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics, or related field required, advanced degree or experience preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top