Program Manager 2
Join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector as we focus on the development of new capabilities for our military and intelligence customers around the globe.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Program Manager to join our team of talented and diverse professionals. The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Amherst Systems in Buffalo, New York; an organization focused on development and production of state-of-the-art Electronic Warfare (EW) Simulation Systems solutions.
The Program Manager (PM) will provide program management and support of domestic and international EW simulation system solution programs. The Program Manager will be responsible for cost, schedule and technical performance of programs/projects or sub-elements of major programs/projects. Duties include the key elements of Program/Project Management, Business Development, and Customer Relations. Must have demonstrated Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) experience and qualifications to lead, plan, organize, staff, report, coordinate, control, identify/mitigate risk, and direct all phases of programs/projects from inception through completion. Will coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms and conditions of contracts. Will act as primary customer contact for all program/project activities, and brief executive leadership on performance of programs and pursuit efforts. Must assist in developing new business or expanding product lines with existing and new customers. Will lead development of detailed capture strategies, submit proposals, plan and execute programs. Will support Annual Operating Plan (AOP)/Long Range Strategic Plan (LRSP) definition, opportunity evaluation, Non-Contractual Technical Activity (NCTA) planning, and coordinate with other Northrop Grumman programs. Will interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between several organizations. Must perform well in a fast-paced environment, be proactive, represent Northrop Grumman as a top tier performer, and be a positive effective leader of people with varying skills in Program Management, Business Development, and technical disciplines.
- Bachelor's Degree, plus 5 years of Program/Project Management or Engineering Program Manager/IPT Lead experience, which includes program cost, schedule and technical management.
- Experience leading and managing Department of Defense (DoD) and/or International programs or major activities within those programs.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross functional teams.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to make decisions that impact the organization's credibility, operations and services.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government, DoD Secret clearance.
- MS / MBA or Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field.
- Experience in Next-Generation military aircraft EW or aerospace systems.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top