Program Manager 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is looking for a strategic and experienced Program Manager to join our team of professionals. The leader will be responsible for the execution of a major group of programs and will provide insight in all aspects of program marketing, execution and growth.
This position will require extensive engagement with C level executives and will be located in Austin, Texas. This is a Program Manager position leading and managing a diverse portfolio, and expanding the market space of Information Technology (IT) programs, requiring an entrepreneurial drive for results. Primary customers are Texas state and local governments. Due to the geographic diversity of the portfolio, periodic travel is required.
The Program Manager (PM) will have overall responsibility for the following:
Cost, margin, schedule and technical performance, customer satisfaction on each assigned program; achievement of financial goals; customer, internal Northrop. Grumman, and subcontractor relationships; and personnel recruitment, retention, and issue resolution. Candidate will be responsible for achieving program goals and objectives established in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and flow-down Division/OU organizational goals and objectives.
The PM will manage customer relationships to minimize risk, identify and resolve issues, and expand the current business by identifying and creating new business opportunities. Additionally, the PM will work with the staff functional areas and other programs to facilitate program execution and deliver customer satisfaction. The candidate will have proven experience in driving culture and leadership to create an entrepreneurial environment, produce top performance teams, promote diverse thinking and an inclusive environment to generate ideas and foster team commitment, collaboration, and engagement. The PM will support and provide leadership in proposal and business plan development, ensure proper program staffing, address personnel issues, and mentor staff.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Science, Computers or Marketing with minimum of 10 years of experience including business development or program management for enterprise infrastructure and security solutions
- Experience with government customer cloud strategy, cyber security initiatives, and transformation including cloud services (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) implementation and migration to public, private, or hybrid cloud
- 10 years demonstrated program management experience with at least 5 years managing IT managed services arrangements and fixed price programs
- Demonstrated presentation skills both written and oral, including ability to effectively communicate to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to create marketing strategies and deliver services to achieve business growth
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams, resolving resource constraints and schedule conflicts, and providing effective project oversight
- Experience managing service level agreements and the mitigation of service level penalties
- State and Local government experience, including working with Department of Information Resources (DIR)
- Proficient in tools such as MSOffice and MSProject.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- PMI PMP Certification or equivalent
- ITIL Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top