Program Manager 1
Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Management, or other relevant degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience developing systems or equivalent management experience
- Demonstrated success in managing programs/projects to cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross-functional teams.
- Experience with earned value management system (EVMS).
- Able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- In-depth experience applying RF technology to current and new applications in the defense industry.
- Demonstrated success in capturing new business in current and adjacent markets.
- Significant DoD product development experience.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration and/or Engineering
- Active Top Secret / SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top