Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Program Cost Schedule and Control Analyst to assist with all Business activities associated within the Restricted Programs Operating Unit. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies.
Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
This position reports to the AS2 Business Manager and partners with the Restricted Programs Business Manager, Program Manager and his/her direct reports to establish strategy; prioritize requirements and achieve financial goals while ensuring the integrity of business processes.
- Set up cost control system; monitors and controls costs and forecast on contracts.
- Perform analysis and prepares reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepare program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and forecasted.
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost baselines.
- Create financial charts in support of program management and program reviews.
- Oversee billings and collections to the customer to assure timely cash flow.
- Provide business oversight, interface with applicable customers and auditors (internal and external) and assist with contract negotiations as needed to ensure sound business deals within authorized parameters are achieved.
- Interface with diverse functional areas to ensure risks are understood and financial performance is achieved.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline and 3 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and 1 year of experience or an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of EVMS as applied to major government contracts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Experience as a collaborator in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the program results and prepare and analyze data and figures.
- Ability to develop and present material outside the immediate work function.
- Must be able tochange physical locations based upon need and perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours. Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends.
- Must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance and have the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance and obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- US Citizenship required
- Applicants with an active Top Secret clearance preferred.
- MBA or CPA certification.
- Understanding of DOD contracts, government Cost Accounting Standards, Commercial contracts, Commercial contracts and the FAR.
Back to top