Program Cost Schedule Control Analyst
- Melbourne, FL
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Program Cost Scheduling Control Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Melbourne, Florida.
This Program Cost Control Analyst will focus in EVMS support for Major Subcontracts and General Procurement (GP). The analyst will be responsible for preparing month-end reports; developing and reviewing EACs; incorporation of changes into the EVMS system in order to maintain Major Subcontract/GP cost and schedule baselines. The analyst will assist CAMs for EVMS activities including: WBS alignment, time phasing of the tasks, developing and documenting earned value methodologies, monthly performance measurement, estimate to complete analysis and updates, and variance analysis research and reporting. Support monthly cost and schedule reviews, identify pressures and opportunities, and develop recovery plans as required. Candidate must have an understanding of the procurement process and business flow of material through the supply chain and be able to work with multiple stakeholders of different disciplines and backgrounds. Candidate must have experience with Bill of Materials, Procurement Systems, Goods Movement, and/or Parts Distribution. A preferred candidate will have experience working in MPM/COBRA as an earned value management tool and will have experience working in SAP. Must be able to effectively manage evolving requirements and tool/system enhancements and think innovatively for work-around plans when necessary.
- Setting up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepares budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Prepares program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
- Performs schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporates contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Works on labor or material control accounts supporting an Integrated Product Team.
- Conducts analysis on cost data and sets up meetings with management to review data.
- Provide financial support and analysis to the MAS Cost Management Functional Homeroom;
- Provide support to Integrated Product Teams and Cost Management Managers;
- Prepare financial inputs to internal reports and presentations;
- Support audits and reviews requested by programs, customers, and company management;
- Maintain and update cost control systems (e.g. SAP and MPM &/or COBRA).
- This is a dynamic and complex environment that requires a candidate to possess self-initiative, strong analytical skills and steady leadership characteristics.
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to multitask within a dynamic and fast paced environment with task flexibility and sensitivity to customer's
- Ability to work under very general supervision while completing numerous assignments per schedule and elevating
- potential issues to ensure proper management focus;
- Ability to understand and communicate unique problems and recommend potential business/process solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 3+ years of combined experience in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Program Planning, Global Supply Chain, Program Cost/ Financial Analysis or Program Scheduling experience OR
- Master's Degree from an accredited university and 1+ years of combined experience in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Program Planning, Global Supply Chain, Program Cost/Financial Analysis or Program Scheduling experience.
- Must be ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Strong PC skills, specifically high level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, conditional formatting, etc.).
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
- At least 3 years of Earned Value Management (EVM) experience preferred.
- Experience as a Cost Material Analyst or Labor Planner.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate with multiple organizations and Senior Leadership.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with the following: Earned Value Management, Cobra or MPM and SAP
Back to top