Program Cost Control Analyst 2 (SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Program Cost Analyst 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and maintain monthly cost and schedule performance measurement processes.
- Incorporate contractual changes into program baseline in a timely manner
- Perform analysis and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Perform analytical research utilizing the appropriate accounting systems to validate cost reporting and funding requirements and perform independent Estimate-at-complete (EAC) analysis.
- Interface with program and functional management to provide support and analysis to meet program requirements.
- Participate in knowledge transfer and best practices sharing with peers.
- Support the program on compliance and processes & procedures.
- Provide expertise & ensure appropriate training in the areas of Earned Value, EAC development, baseline schedules, and cost & schedule risk management.
- Ensure adequacy of processes through validations and reviews and monitoring process metrics.
- Support and lead internal and external audits
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to maintain and update cost control systems.
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate alternatives, provide recommendations, and implement solutions to program and senior management teams.
- Establish effective working relationships and communicate effectively
- Ability to multitask within a dynamic environment is critical.
- Must be able to work within rapidly changing business environment and make critical decisions that are based upon sound financial principles.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, clear verbal and writing abilities, task flexibility, sensitivity to customer's needs.
- Ability to work in process driven environment and communicate requirements across diverse program team
Bachelors Degree and 3 years experienceor Masters Degree and 1 year of related experience in material cost and schedule.
Active DoDSecret Clearance within the last 6 years, and ability to obtainTop Secret Clearance
Ability to obtain program access
Proficiencywith Microsoft OfficeExcel (intermediate required)
Current Top Secret Clearance
Working knowledge/ability to learn Micro-frame Program Manager (MPM), Material Resource Planning (MRP)and SAP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top