Program Cost Analyst 2 - Strike Division – Melbourne, FL
This position is responsible to support the set up a cost control system; to help monitor and control costs on contracts requiring a validated EVMS system; to perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines; to prepare budgets for contract work and assist in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis; to support the development of program plans that ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured; to help ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing the preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government; and, to incorporate contractual changes into a cost control system by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract line item in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines. Work as a team with junior employees on data inputs, and senior employees on EVMS planning activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent discipline with 3 years of related experience in Finance, EVMS, project control, planning, or other related organizational experience is required; Master's degree and 1 year of related experience.
- Strong Excel skills are also required.
- Must have an Active DOD Secret that has been investigated within the past 5 years; and the ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP).
- Able to perform work in an approved environment (cubicle) during specified work hours
- Ability to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel)
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to prepare and analyze data and figures
- Ability to identify sequence of operations or action to be taken
- Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and accomplish them simultaneously.
- General knowledge and work experience with EVMS relevant concepts, techniques, and standards and be able to apply them, demonstrate the skill and ability to perform moderately complex tasks, and be able to communicate effectively.
- Experience making presentations, and comfortable networking and interfacing with employees of other organizations.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top