Production Test Technician - All Levels
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking Production Test Technicians to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our San Diego facilities
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers."
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- Set up test apparatus and conduct tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences.
- Lay out and assemble units for production equipment according to designs and specifications.
- Adjust and calibrate systems as needed.
- Modify equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and sketches.
- Correct malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
- Use hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Associate degree in technical or related discipline; 2 years of experience within a technician position working with small electronics will be considered in-lieu of degree.
- Must be able to tune RF filters, switches and Power amplifiers IAW drawings, procedures and specifications.
- Must have the ability to lift heavy objects for testing purposes.
- Must be able to operate various levels of test equipment including network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, digital oscilloscopes, signal generator or frequency meters to document test results and isolate systems faults or malfunctions.
- Must have a current and active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Current and active SAR clearance preferred.
- 2 years of technical trade school training is desirable.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top