Production Test Technician 4 - 2nd shift
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Production Test Technician 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA and supporting Second Shift. Second Shift work hours are from 6am - 3:30 pm and follows a 9/80 work schedule.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications division of Northrop Grumman
Mission Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the equipment providers.
Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED)
countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards,
- Lays out and assembles units for production equipment according to designs and specifications.
- Adjusts and calibrates systems as needed.
- Modifies equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and sketches.
- Corrects malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
- Uses hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and at least6 years related experience;2 additional years related experience will be considered in-lieu of degree.
- Technicians must be able to tune RF filters, switches and Power amplifiers IAW drawings, procedures and specifications.
- Must have the ability to lift heavy objects for testing purposes.
- Operate various levels of test equipment including network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, digital oscilloscopes, signal generator or frequency meters to document test results and isolate systems faults or malfunctions.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance with Special Access Permission.
- Must be able to work Second shift. Second Shift hours are from 3:30 pm - 1:00 am.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline.
- Two years of technical trade school training is desirable.
- May be required to work with hazardous materials, wear safety equipment and follow strict safety rules and regulations.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top