Production Test Technician 3 (2nd Shift)
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Production Test Technician3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be supporting either our 2nd shift position located in the Spectrum facility in San Diego, CA. 2nd Shift hours are from 3:30 pm - 1:00 am and supports a 9/80 work week.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the equipment providers.
Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences.
- Lays out and assembles units for production equipment according to designs and specifications.
- Adjusts and calibrates systems as needed.
- Modifies equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and sketches.
- Corrects malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
- Uses hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Associate degree in technical or related discipline with6 years experience; additional 3 years of experience will be considered in-lieu of degree.
- Prior experience working with, testing, and troubleshooting small electronic devices.
- Technicians must be able to tune RF filters, switches and Power amplifiers IAW drawings, procedures and specifications.
- Must have the ability to lift heavy objects for testing purposes.
- Must be able to operate various levels of test equipment including network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, digital oscilloscopes, signal generator or frequency meters to document test results and isolate systems faults or malfunctions.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance with Special Access Permission.
- Must be able to work second shift.
- Two years of technical trade school training is desirable.
- May be required to work with hazardous materials, wear safety equipment and follow strict safety rules and regulations.
Back to top