Production Test Technician 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Production Test Technician 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at the Rancho Carmel in San Diego, CA.
Join the men and women of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in meeting the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business.
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Mission Systems division of Northrop Grumman Information Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California. The business has developed and advanced software-defined radio technology for sophisticated communications in a network-centric environment.
A&TN focuses on providing advanced technologies, engineering development and production for our software-defined radio programs. A&TN programs include the communications, navigation and identification (CNI) production for F-22 and F-35 aircraft and production of advanced multi-function RF products such as JCREW.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards,
- Lays out and assembles units for production equipment according to designs and specifications.
- Adjusts and calibrates systems as needed.
- Modifies equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and sketches.
- Corrects malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
- Uses hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- AA or other 2 year technical degree. (High School Diploma and 4 years of related experience will be accepted in lieu of a AA or other 2 year technical degree)
- Technicians must be able to tune RF filters, switches and Power amplifiers IAW drawings, procedures and specifications.
- Must have the ability to lift heavy objects for testing purposes.
- Operate various levels of test equipment including network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, digital oscilloscopes, signal generator or frequency meters to document test results and isolate systems faults or malfunctions.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance with Special Access Permission.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline
- Two years of technical trade school training is desirable.
- Must be flexible to potentially work second shift
- May be required to work with hazardous materials, wear safety equipment and follow strict safety rules and regulations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top