Production Test Technician 1
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in. We are seeking a Production Test Technician to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Charlottesville, VA.
The Production Test Technician applies knowledge of electronics and circuitry to test, repair, and install a group of Northrop Northrop Grumman products. Will be responsible for testing, troubleshooting and repair down to component
level of electronic assemblies utilizing test equipment such as meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies and RF Instruments. Responsible for functionally testing electronic assemblies and mechanical assemblies to ensure quality conformance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences.
- Lays out and assembles units for production equipment according to designs and specifications.
- Adjusts and calibrates systems as needed.
- Modifies equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and sketches.
- Corrects malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
- Uses hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- At all times, promotes the company's products and services through customer relationships.
- Will adhere to Company's Safety and quality policies and Employee Code of Conduct.
Basic Qualifications: -Associate's Degree in a technical discipline or 2 years of technical/military training with 0 yrs experience. (2 years of experience troubleshooting and repairing electronic circuit boards and assemblies may be considered in lieu of a degree.)
- Must be able to apply electronic and electro-mechanical theory.
- Ablity to read schematics, Analog and Digital.
- Understanding of general test equipment including Power Supplies, Signal Generators, Multi-meters, O-Scopes, RF Instruments, etc.
- Understanding of basic troubleshooting techniques.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel and Word
- Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing 40-50 lbs.
- Ability to work in areas of height or close spaces.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Experience with component level troubleshooting
- Computer proficiency
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top