Production Planning and Scheduler
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Operations Production and Control team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our
team as a Production Planning and Scheduler based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
• Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and line management.
• Plan, prepare, issue and control production schedules and coordinate with material requirements to ensure a controlled
flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
• Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
• Schedule equipment and personnel, confirm material supply and demands, prepare work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
• Coordinate interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedule and expedite the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
• Bachelor's Degree with 3 years of experience; Master's Degree with 1 year of experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Able to work in a diverse group of senior leadership and communicate effectively.
• Proficient knowledge of MRP II Systems, SAP is preferred or equivalent.
• 3-5 years of Manufacturing / Planning & Scheduling experience preferred.
• Expert in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Vision PowerPoint and Project).
• Experience in Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment with the ability to work with challenging internal and external customers.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top