Production Planner and Scheduler - Space Components
- San Diego, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include satellites and associated space components and services; launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Space Components Division is seeking a Production Planner and Scheduler to join our team. This position could be located in San Diego, CA and will be on 1st shift
- Track material shortages for work-orders, kits, sub-assemblies based on bill-of-material or drawings or configuration. Highlight to management critical part shortages that will jeopardize ship schedule
- Create and release work orders based on bill-of-materials and configuration. Close work orders after sub-assemblies, assemblies and integration are complete
- Maintain materials, parts and bill of materials, ensuring bill of material supports efficient material flow and is aligned with assembly process
- Planner must understand manufacturing capacity and allocate as required to meet build plan commitments. Expedites and reschedules open purchase orders to meet production-planning requirement
- Must understand & execute material requirements planning (MRP), capacity planning and other advanced material planning needs
- Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between departments, according to manufacturing schedules or priorities, and compiles and maintains manual or computerized record
- Effectively communicate and report material status, issues, and highlight
- Prioritize Work Orders and program needs against overall company program need
- Update Work Orders based on Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years' of relevant work experience in a production control and manufacturing environment utilizing an MRP system required.
- Working computer literacy using an ERP system, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), spreadsheet and production control and work order procedures are required
- Must have experience in rescheduling, canceling, opening and closing work orders per MRP
- Must be experienced in understanding product structures, configurations and bill-of-material and parts specification
- Must have experience in creating metrics for production demands, tracking part shortages, open PO's, track due dates and inventory report, and line of balance
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure and very tight timelines
- US Citizenship required
- Manufacturing, Operations and/or Program Management experience desired.
- Reasonable knowledge of manufacturing, inventory, production, procurement and quality basics, engineering flows and ability to read technical data i.e., blue prints, schematics and other documents.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top