Production Planner 3
Astro Aerospace, a Strategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, is currently in search of a Production Planner 3 to support deployable spacecraft mechanisms in our Carpinteria, CA, facilities. Astro is the industry leader in space deployable systems, and since 1958, Astro Aerospace has enabled complex missions to Earth orbit, Mars and beyond with innovative deployable space structures and mechanisms. Our products have been successfully deployed on hundreds of space missions with 100% successful missions in space.
The Production Planner 3 will be responsible for the following:
- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations relating to specific portion of the product for guidance of production workers.
- Plans detail operations from blueprints, engineering orders, change notices, and other engineering releases.
- Determines the need for tooling and makes recommendations for the design and planning of required tools.
- Prepares shop work orders for materials and product processing and coordinates with schedulers to ensure that items are being processed according to specifications and time requirements.
- Maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records.
Associate's or other 2-year technical degree with three (3) years of related experience in Production Control as a Planner in a manufacturing environment utilizing a MRP system. Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office and Project.
Computer proficiency using Microsoft Visio, eMatrix, and/or Costpoint.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top