Production Planner 3
Northrop Grumman Marine Systems seeks a Production Planner3 in our Sunnyvale, CA, location to provide production scheduling for our power propulsion unit. Responsibilities include the following:
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and tracks material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, and prepares work orders or purchase requests based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Review and track internal status of customer product. Participate in internal production meetings for assigned work center area and communicate status changes to program management in a timely manner.
- Take action with correct internal teams to promptly resolve any program schedule issues.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with production coordinator, quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Bachelors degree
- 6+ years relevant work experience in production control, material/production planning, or work center scheduling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, andExcel
- Hands on work experience utilizing an MRP system
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills to facilitate interface between various support Departments
- CPIM or APICS training
- Experience with SAP MRP
- Lean manufacturing or Six Sigma process improvement experience a plus
- Experience working in a low volume, high mixed manufacturing environment
- Experience participating in MRP roll-out, particularlyas part of pilot usergroup.
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and Microsoft PowerPoint
Back to top