Production Planner 3
Northrop Grumman Marine Systems seeks a Production Planner3 in our Sunnyvale, CA, location to provide production scheduling for our power propulsion unit. Responsibilities include the following:
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and tracks material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, and prepares work orders or purchase requests based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Review and track internal status of customer product. Participate in internal production meetings for assigned work center area and communicate status changes to program management in a timely manner.
- Take action with correct internal teams to promptly resolve any program schedule issues.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with production coordinator, quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Bachelors degree
- 6+ years relevant work experience in production control, material/production planning, or work center scheduling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, andExcel
- Hands on work experience utilizing an MRP system
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills to facilitate interface between various support Departments
- CPIM or APICS training
- Experience with SAP MRP
- Lean manufacturing or Six Sigma process improvement experience a plus
- Experience working in a low volume, high mixed manufacturing environment
- Experience participating in MRP roll-out, particularlyas part of pilot usergroup.
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and Microsoft PowerPoint
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top