Production Manager (Precision Devices)
- Shirley, MA
Production Manager (Precision Devices)
Adaptive Optics Associates - Xinetics (AOX), a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSS) Business Venture, is currently seeking Production Manager, Precision Devices to support AOX manufacturing activities in Devens MA.
AOA-Xinetics designs, develops, and manufactures precision, advanced optical products and systems such as deformable mirrors, optical systems, adaptive optics control systems and silicon carbide optical structures for the U.S. Government, commercial customers, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. Markets for these technologies include civilian astronomy and semiconductor capital equipment as well as defense ISR and Directed Energy. Several potential direct and adjacent application areas also exist. The Company has substantial growth opportunities in support of many U.S. Government and NGSS business initiatives.
AOX delivers industrial photonics systems and development services for a variety of customers and applications. AOX excels in a range of applications from adaptive optical systems, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, precision actuators, to photonic systems that acquire and process data in real time for a variety of high availability applications. AOX's capabilities include lightweight passive and active hybrid CERAFORM silicon carbide optics and precision structures as well as large and small precision opto-mechanical systems supporting electronics and sophisticated controls software. You must be a Change Agent and Champion of People.
Reporting to the Manager of Massachusetts Manufacturing and Production, this position provides a broad and exciting hands-on working leadership opportunity within a high-growth, strategically important business for NGSS. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production activities for a multi-disciplined team of technicians within three manufacturing areas: Material Casting, Actuator Assembly & Test, and Opto-Mechanical Assembly. You and your team will partner with business area leaders, production control, product/manufacturing engineering, quality and program management to produce high-value, market-leading products in a team-oriented and customer-focused work environment.
- Prioritize and communicate ambitious production goals including planning, organizing, scheduling equipment and personnel, materials planning, supply and demand, requests work orders and/or purchase requests for production or purchase of components, or parts based on master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirement
- Establish production flow, workflow processes and associated production work cells continuous improvement methodologies that enhance productivity speed and efficiency and strive to reduce expenses; manage/mitigate impact of non-confirming product work orders
- Provide representation of Xinetics and Image Metrology Program support at Material Review Board meetings (MRB)
- Collaborate with Material & Production Management to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements
- Provide production updates to management on the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed
- Collaborate with MA Facility leadership and maintenance teams with repair of machine and other labor work centers to ensure productivity and minimal downtime
- Coordinate interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedule and expedite the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders
- Adhere to AOX Standard Health and Safety guidelines, Company Policies and Procedures and make modification/recommendations as needed
- Support HR/Talent Acquisition with talent recruiting/sourcing and writing job descriptions
- Collaborate on work order standard generation with Work Standards Management
- 2 year degree in a technical field or similar discipline
- 6+ years of experience within a precision manufacturing work environment
- Experience with optical devices, products and systems
- Continuous Improvement Training/Experience and/or Certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Proven ability to manage the performance of manufacturing/production teams of 5 up to 15 personnel including employee/team building/development, coaching, mentoring and engagement while maintaining a high level of ethical behavior and positive, professional work environment
- Possess exceptional leadership skills to develop, organize and execute and complete critical production readiness reviews and transition completed designs to manufacturing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to identify and prevent technical risk issues, ability to build rapport with technical staff, leadership and peers
- US Citizenship is a requirement for employment
- 4 year degree in Engineering, Technical, Manufacturing or similar discipline
- 10+ years of experience in the optical products market for Commercial, Civil Space, Military Space, or Airborne applications or related fields
- Expert knowledge of the manufacturing of optics, optical systems and complex opto-mechanical and opto-electrical products
- Significant experience with design, build, deployment and aftermarket service of standard electro-optic systems products
- Continuous Improvement Methodologies/Process Improvement (Six Sigma)
- Experience with engineering product data managements (i.e. PDM) or similar systems (MRP, Deltek/Cospoint)
- An active DOD Secret or higher clearance.
Working Environment & Physical Demands:
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time and light physical effort as required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top