At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work -- and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGIS is currently seeking a Mgr General Manufacturing 2 to provide daily leadership of the electrical and mechanical technician staff at the Missile Assembly Building, Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL. The technician team supports the manufacture, assembly and test of target launch vehicles for the Missile Defense Agency's Intermediate Range and Intercontinental Ballistic Missile target program (IRBM/ICBM Program).
- Supports Huntsville MAB Operations Manager in the integration, test and delivery of IRBM/ICBM Target vehicles for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Provides overall leadership and task assignments to diverse team of electrical and mechanical technicians
- Responsible for overall Performance Management of the technician staff including performance evaluations, merit and compensation planning, professional development and hiring decisions.
- Interfaces between the technician team and local Program Management, Quality, Planning and Logistics leadership to ensure necessary support is available to support MAB activities
- Interfaces with government oversight representatives from the MDA and Defense Contractor Management Agency (DCMA) as necessary regarding daily activities and issues
- Provides input and status for the MAB Operations Manager regarding daily activity and schedule progress
- Ensures staff adheres to processes, procedures and standard practices, including include 5S, Foreign Object Debris (FOD) Control, Tool Control, among others
- Contributes to ongoing Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Occasional business travel may be necessary (10% or less)
Basic Qualifications to Succeed:
- 8 years of technician experience with minimum 2 years of demonstrated leadership experiences
- Must be able to exercise influe nce and lead team to success
- Ability to make independent decisions, be self-motivated, possess excellent communications skills, detail-oriented, and team player
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to effectively communicate to all levels of employees, managementand customers
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing internal relationships, prioritization, and delegation.
- Ability to be flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility to drive tasks to completion
- Must be detail-oriented but able to grasp the big picture
- Must possess a DoD Secret Clearance
Minimum often(10)years experience. 8 years with Masters degree
An active/current secret clearance is required to start in this position
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top