Production Controller 2 (2nd Shift)
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. ATN is located at both Rancho Carmel and Spectrum Center facilities in San Diego, California.
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers." Our team of communication systems experts is developing
next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
The Production Controller responsibilites may include:
- Maintains schedules for material requirements and availability for the manufacture of industrial and commercial products to support production control.
- Compiles records concerning quantity, cost, and type of material received, shipped, in stock or inventory, and/or in production.
- Expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules.
- Assists in determining possible and actual shortages may initiate action to correct these deficiencies.
- Uses knowledge of production, procurement, and engineering departments to alert proper authorities regarding potential problems and appropriate remedial action.
- Estimates and logs production rate and time expenditures and may be required to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates.
- High School Diploma and 2 years experience additional education and/or related experience.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Strong Excel background.
- Knowledge of manufacturing work flow and MRP systems or similar.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in electronics manufacturing is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top