Product Systems Engineer
AOA Xinetics (AOX), a Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) strategic business unit, is currently seeking a Product Systems Engineer in our Cambridge, MA location. The Product Systems Engineer will perform system integration, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses to aid in the execution of Image Metrolody product release to manufacturing.
The successful candidate will establish test methodology, electro-optic subassembly test specification as well as yield improvement, and optimize device production relative to cost and schedule constraints. Assumes responsibility for device transfer from engineering to production and responsiblily for device manufacturing methods and data collection.
Duties may also include:
- Definining and documenting test sequence and subassembly test methods to ensure Image Metrology product meet system level requirements
- Establish measurement accuracy and repeatability using statisical process control (SPC) against industry measurement standards
- Establish manufacturing engineering systems (MES) relational database to capture component level tracking and performance test results
- Writing engineering documentation such as work orders, test procedures, and work instructions.
The qualified candidate must have general understanding and wide application of electro optic hardware and software. Capable of providing solutions to a wide variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Master of Science in Engineering plus 10 years experience
- Experience with establishing manufacturing engineering relational database systems to capture assembly and test data
- Experience with establishing software methods to automate complex electro-optical testing
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills;
- Works well as part of an integrated team including technicians, engineering peers and management;
- Absolutely must be a self starter and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced, highly technical work environment;
- U.S. Citizenship is a bona fide requirement
- Experience with C programming and image processing methods using C;
- Past experience with test verification to NTEP standards;
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top