Product Manager/ Trainer- Health IT
Northrop Grumman technology services sector is seeking Product Manager/ Trainer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government's largest civilian agency. The qualified person will be responsible for applying industry standard product management frameworks to existing Federal agency processes to support the modernization and requirements development process.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the SSA.
Description of Work:
- Responsible for applying industry standard product management frameworks to existing Federal agency processes to support the modernization and requirements development process.
- Capable of describing and discussing data-driven value-seeking Product Management Practices in concert with improvements in software development productivity.
- Capable of supporting organizational change management message delivery/outreach sessions in the roles of author, packager, and presenter.
- Capable of producing positive outcomes in technical debates about the application of Product management processes, redefinition of Product Management terminology, and strategic leadership concepts.
- Comfortable discussing and practicing Agile delivery methods, agile culture, and agile leadership.
- Provide extensive assistance in defining and producing Product Management courseware content tailored to organization-specific requirements.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's Degree with 14 years of experience or a Master's Degree and 12 years of experience, or 18 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Degree must be in a Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Communication, Management Information Systems or Project Management related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of product management experience with software development applications.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming product requirements into actionable product roadmap via various methods such as: researching and analyzing market conditions, identifying competitors, and responding to customer feedback and inquiries.
- Demonstrable experience in presenting technical concepts to senior leaders through presentations.
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- 5 or more years of product management experience with software development applications
- Experience conveying software methodologies to audiences including senior leaders with varying technical backgrounds and experience creating training plans & curriculums.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interface with senior leadership
- Knowledge of big data and analytics products
- Ability to prioritize and react to changing requirements with a sense of urgency
- Manage, train and communicate with cross functional teams
- Organizational and planning skills
- Negotiating and customer interfacing skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top