Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Training Lead
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS), a leader in software defined, hardware enabled systems for national defense applications, is developing a next-generation Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system for Engineering and Manufacturing product and process data. This system will be the foundation of our digital transformation and the future of advanced Engineering and Manufacturing capabilities and automation within the company, including Model-Based Engineering and Additive Manufacturing.
As a member of the PLM Process and Architecture Team you will be participating in the development effort for the PLM system architecture in close collaboration with Enterprise Services/IT, Engineering, Manufacturing, and senior business leadership to deliver an integrated PLM system that meets cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
The Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Training Lead will support the deployment of Teamcenter throughout Northrop Grumman Missions Systems as the PLM Solution. As a technical lead, the selected candidate will work collaboratively with development teams and key business representatives to enable the vision of the Northrop Grumman digital transformation and drive change implementation. The Training Lead will work with Mission Systems business partners and development teams to create training plans and material for functionality slated for onboarding. The successful candidate will be responsible for selecting tools, defining training methodologies, and onboarding users in conjunction with solution deployment.
This position could be located at any of our NGMS locations such as Baltimore, MD, San Diego, CA, Rolling Meadows, IL, or Woodland Hills, CA based on successful candidate's ability and qualifications.
• Work with development teams to learn new process flows and recommend training methodologies.
• Develop training notes and material to support deployment of new solutions in Teamcenter.
• Work with the Onboarding Specialist to prioritize gap training for users new to the PLM environment.
• Keep current with advances in training practices and methodologies.
• Perform training audits on trainees.
• Perform full classroom and practical training sessions in accordance with technical instructions.
• Produce status reports on training plans.
• Perform administration in the Northrop Grumman Learning Management System, including creation and maintenance of training assignments and curricula.
• Collaborate with business partners to ensure expectations for training materials and deployment are met.
• Assist business partners in developing work instructions and standard operating procedures.
• Provide training and knowledge sharing sessions to peers and business partners on the Learning Management System and best practices.
ES Baltimore Invitational 2019
• 5 Years of technical experience with a Bachelor's degree or 3 Years of technical experience with a Master's degree in a related field.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Customer-focused, approachable individual who demonstrates a high level of teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with key business partners.
• Demonstrated ability to explain complex concepts to an audience with diverse backgrounds and technical expertise.
• Strong interpersonal, planning, and organization skills.
• Tenacious attention to detail and consistency.
• Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills working within all levels of the organization.
• Flexibility to support changing assignments and priorities in an independent and reliable manner while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude
• Experience developing training material and plans.
• Experience with Technical Writing and developing training materials.
• Knowledge of authoring tools for various delivery methodologies, such as Adobe Captivate, HTML, and Wikipedia.
• Familiarity with administering training plans, classes, and requirements in Learning Exchange.
• Experience with Agile development processes and tools.
• General understanding of the Software Lifecycle Process, end user support, and process documentation.
• Experience with Agile and SAFe methodology.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top