Prod Plng and Scheduler 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Procurement Representative to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will be purchasing material and services for research and development purposes within the engineering department.
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years of procurement or supplier management or logistics experience OR 1 year of experience and a Master's Degree.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance
- A current DoD Secret level security clearance
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Experience in a DoD Procurement environment
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFAR regulations related to Procurement
- Must be able to thrive is a fast-paced work environment with high expectations
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top