Procurement Planning Control Representative 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people™s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they™re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Procurement Planning Control Representative 4 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This Senior Procurement Planning Control Leader is required to work well with minimum management oversight to lead the Acquisition team. The ideal candidate will assist customers in meeting financial program™s goals through timely cost effective material and equipment acquisition. In addition, this individual will help identify process improvements opportunities and cost effective solutions. The candidate must have experience supporting program performance through effective acquisition, management and disposition of engineering assets (parts, materials and test equipment). Works with the team to ensure all departments™ metrics are met and Corporate Card compliance are followed. Maintain customers informed on status of their order and quickly respond to inquiries. Takes the responsibility to train and supervise Junior Procurement Planning Control Representatives. Supports manager leading Acquisition team.
Responsibilities will include looking up pricing and gathering quotes as well as entering items that are listed on engineering drawing™s BOMs into Engineering Property System (EPS) so buyers can issue Purchase Orders. Forms as waivers may also be required for certain purchases, such as Single Sole Source Justification (SSJ), IT Waivers forms and Chemical Review Surveys. All hardware and software deliveries will need to align with the schedule of the IMS.
- Plans, prepares, issues and coordinates material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet program schedules
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and prepares work orders or purchase requests for the purchase of components or parts based on program schedule, shop load and inventory requirements
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 10 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 8 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Practical working experience with SAP and MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of DFARS compliance regulations
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Masters™ Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and proficiency in MS Office suite, property related electronic tools and business applications.
- Supervised the establishment of EPS profiles for network numbers, cost centers and accounts to identify contractual, administrative, and technical authorities associated with EPS requirements.
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top