Procurement Planning Control Representative 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is seeking a Procurement Planning Control Representative 3 located in El Segundo, California.
In this role, the successful candidatewill be part of an organization focused on planning, acquiring and managing property, parts, materials, and assets for Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) engineering development and test activities. More specifically, the candidate will support programs needing acquisition of general purpose test equipment. The role is focused on process discipline, compliance to Northrop Grumman Command Media and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS). Process improvements as well as delivering superior customer service to support our customer base is an ongoing focus.
Responsibilities will include gathering quotes as well as entering requisitions into Engineering Property System (EPS) or iBuy to generate Purchase Orders and acquire equipment. Forms and waivers may also be required for certain purchases, such as Single Sole Source Justification (SSJ) or Information Technology Waivers.
Essential Functions :
- Utilize a corporate American Express card to process orders for repair of General Purpose Test Equipment and using iBuy to Rent or Lease equipment from suppliers
- Reconcile monthly American Express statements
- Support and maintain monthly metrics, participate in teams such as Community of Practice, Process Working Groups, Financial Reviews, Inventory Trends teams
- Maintain relationships with Suppliers for acquisition of equipment and Original Equipment Manufacturers and Vendors for repair and periodic calibration of General Purpose Test Equipment
- Analyze data to recommend leased versus rental assets and determine factors that affect prices and determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet schedule
- Follow up on orders placed, approve payment, and maintain records of material movement throughout the repair and calibration process
- Coordinate and follow up with production, warehouse, and engineering personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling, and movement of materials and services
- Partner with Global Supply Chain, Property Management and Metrology labs to ensure compliance as well as create and maintain effective relationships
- Bachelors of Science degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 6 years of planning experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 4 years of planning experience in an aerospace environment
- Working knowledge of SAP and iBuy or other procurement-focused database systems
- Experience in procurement of non-flight hardware and equipment
- Ability to obtain and maintain and active DoD Secret Clearance is required
- Masters' Degree
- Working knowledge of Northrop Grumman Corporation's Test Equipment Asset Management Metrology System (TEAMMS)
- LEAN or Process Improvement experience
- Experience in Supplier Management
- Experience with General Purpose Test Equipment
- Experience with SAP, IBUY, XiBuy Reconciliation
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Back to top