Procurement Analyst II
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
You will play a crucial role in protecting DHS and its agencies from ever-present security threats. As a Procurement Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Review Bills Of Material for HSDN Request For Change that are included on approved Technical Directives . Obtain necessary quotes and when authorized NetworkIDs are available, initiate Shopping Carts in the NG Ibuy System for material required for each RFC.
- When ordered material arrives, ensure that material is tagged and forwarded to the appropriate Deployment or Engineering Requestor.
- Use the Ibuy system to enter a Goods Receipt for received items .
- Prepare a Property Transfer Receipt for equipment shipped
- Work issues with Purchase Orders as necessary. This includes Change Notices for price and/or description changes, and Return Material Authorizations when it is necessary to return material to vendors
- Use NG SCATS system to generate shipping labels as necessary
- Use the NG SAP system for reviewing status of Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders. This system is also used to identify status of ordered material and invoices
Basic Qualifications include:
- US Citizenship is required
- A current active DoD Top Secret level security clearance is required; In addition, individual must be able to pass a DHS background investigation and be SCI eligible
- A high school diploma is required; a Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- 3 years solid administrative experience
- Strong organizational skills and proficiency with Microsoft Suite of Office Products such as Excel and Word
- High adaptability to changes in the workplace and work volume
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and ability to multi-task on multiple computer screens
- Meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of record keeping
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Work well in a team environment
- 1-2 years of experience in a procurement
- Understanding of COMSEC
- Knowledge of BMC Remedy Ticket Management Systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top