Procurement Analyst 4
The Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) Supply Chain Team is offering an exciting career opportunity to support a wide variety of major defense programs operating within the Communications Division based in San Diego, CA. Northrop Grumman is seeking a Procurement Analyst 4 (Senior Buyer) to join its team of qualified and diverse purchasing professionals supporting the acquisition of a wide range of Electronic, machining and services commodities.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
- Sources and purchases Machine Parts, Electronic Components, Wire, Cable Assemblies & Connectors, Test Equipment, Raw Material, Services, and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives
- Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
- Proposal support and preparation of bid packages
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years experience in supply chain, procurement and/or business management; Masters with 8 years of experience in supply chain or related field
- Skill in managing the review, negotiation, and execution of purchase orders
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
- SAP Knowledge
- Understanding of DFAR and FAR
- Works well under general supervision
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top