Procurement Analyst 4
Northrop Grumman Technology Services in Lake Charles, LA, is looking for a Procurement Analyst 4 to source contract labor services and perform as a subject matter expert on matters related to the sourcing and procurement of such services, and other procurements as may be required. The following activities will be required:
- Lead for complex procurement of contract labor services, as well as providing centralized leadership and supervisory oversight for the other contract labor buyers on the team
- Peer review on team procurement files, and to act as the subject matter expert (SME) in the Procurement Analysis and Review process.
- Compile and analyze statistical data to determine feasibility of buying services and to establish price objectives.
- Compile information regarding price trends.
- Confer with suppliers to determine factors that affect prices and determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability
and ability to meet required schedules.
- Identify and implement strategic service agreements where possible to achieve efficiencies.
- Prepare and issue Requests for Quote (RFQ), review proposals, negotiate prices, select or recommend suppliers,
analyze trends, develop cost estimates, follow up on orders placed, and maintain necessary records.
- Act as primary point of contact to support preparation of bid packages for Customer proposals.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to teammates and external stakeholders regarding appropriate processes and opportunities.
Additional duties which may be required include, but are not limited to:
Sourcing and purchasing machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services, and/or supplies
necessary for operation of an organization. Reviewing proposals, negotiating prices, selecting or recommending suppliers,
analyzing trends, following up on placed orders, verifying delivery, approving payment, and maintaining necessary
- Bachelor's Degree and ten (10) years of procurement experience, or eight (8) years of procurement experience with Master's Degree; 4 years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Advanced knowledge of Government procurement FAR/DFAR requirements applicable to the defense industry.
- demonstrated ability to perform moderate to complex procurements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to perform highly complex professional tasks.
- Ability to develop solutions to problems of broad scope and complexity.
- Ability to work under only general supervision.
- Ability to work with multiple internal customers from various levels within the organization
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work within time constraints while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to peer review procurement actions with an emphasis on compliance with internal/external standards and to communicate findings to stakeholders
- Knowledge of SAP procurement module
- Experience in supporting staffing augmentation needs via competitive contract labor procurement processes.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top