Procurement Analyst 4
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Procurement Analyst Lvl 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McClellan, CA.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence - right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. Be a part of the environment where Cutting Edge Technology and Teamwork come together. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems (NGMS) Sector Supply Chain Team supporting a wide variety of major defense programs operating within the Airborne C4ISR Systems Division.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sources and purchases machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services, and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- Provides Proposal support and preparation of bid packages
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors degree plus minimum of 10 years of experience
- Experience in procurement supporting dynamic manufacturing requirements, preferably in the aerospace or defense industry
- Knowledge of UCC & FAR regulations and prior government buying experience required
- Prior Electronic hardware, outside FAB, and Mechanical experience required
- Must be able to take charge and make sound business decisions in a dynamic and cross-functional work environment
- Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills
- Detail oriented with ability to successfully multi-task
- Self starter able to prioritize work schedule while supporting the organizations needs
- Strong work ethic with a positive "can-do" attitude and an aptitude to solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and customer service skills
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Masters Degree
- SAP R/3 Experience
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For a listing of all Northrop Grumman open positions, please visit our website at http://careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top