Procurement Analyst 3
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life. Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be.
The Procurement Analyst 3 will be responsible for full cradle to grave procurement/buying activity defined, but not limited to, the following:
- Verifies/Validates purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to vendor database; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives. --Prepares and submits request for Proposals both in competitive and non-competitive environments.
- Manages and performs Source selection down select for winning bids.
- Negotiates terms & conditions, price and delivery schedules with suppliers.
- Performs price analysis on proposed pricing from supplier's utilizing price analysis techniques, market research, historical pricing and price comparisons.
- Responsible for award and management of Purchase Orders from order placement to delivery & closeout.
- Verifies and approves receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Validates proper paperwork is received (Certificate of Conformance, Manufacturing Certs).
- Authorizes payment for completed orders.
- Maintains electronic Purchase Order files in SAP IAW Corporate and sector policy and procedures.
- BS degree and 6 years of related procurement/buying experience or MS degree and 4 years of experience. An additional 4 years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Full cradle to grave procurement/buying experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of CPSR and government audits preferable.
- SAP and Maximo Experience
- Knowledge of FAR & DFAR supplements.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top