Procurement Analyst 2/3
This position is located in Sunnyvale, California.
The Procurement Analyst 2/3 has the responsibility for the acquisition process, to include solicitation development,
competitive/non-competitive sourcing strategies, bidder evaluation, proposal evaluation/negotiation and award.
Additionally this position is responsible for monitoring contract performance and assures suppliers satisfaction of contract
This position performs the following routine work responsibilities:
- Sources and purchases machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services, and/or supplies
necessary for operation of an organization.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives
- Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest
cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed,
verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records
- Prepare bid packages
This position can be hired at a level 2 or a level 3.
If hired at a level 2 the qualifications are:
Bachelors degree with a minimum of 3 years of directly related professional work experience in supply chain or business
If hired at a level 3 the qualifications are:
Bachelors degree with a minimum of 6 years of directly related professional work experience in supply chain or business
Both levels must:
Possess strong communications skills and work independently
Have a record of strong leadership skills
Experience in DoD government contracting business industry and/or procurement administration is desirable but not
required. Familiarity and experience in systems and tools; SAP.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/
Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/
AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top