Procurement Analyst 2
Astro Aerospace, a Strategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, is currently in search of a Procurement Analyst 2 to support deployable spacecraft mechanisms in our Oxnard, CA facilities. Astro is the industry leader in space deployable systems, and since 1958, Astro Aerospace has enable complex missions to Earth orbit, Mars and beyond with innovative deployable space structures and mechanisms. Our products have been successfully deployed on hundreds of space missions with 100% successful missions in space.
The Procurement Analyst 2 will be responsible for the following:
- Sources and purchases machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services, and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- May prepare bid packages.
Associate's or other 2-year technical degree with three (3) years of related experience in Purchasing as a Buyer in a manufacturing environment utilizing a MRP system. Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office and Project.
Computer proficiency using Microsoft Visio, eMatrix and/or Costpoint.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top