Process Engineering Manager 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that affect people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture grows with intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening fora Process Engineering Manager 2 in Vehicle Integration Mechanical Design to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California, and will support the Department Manager of Vehicle Integration, Mechanical Design the Vehicle Integration Design Center of Excellence (COE).
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
You will be leading an effort to create and update processes and procedures for the department, coordinating with Subject Matter Experts from across the organization and being responsible for cost and schedule.
Successful managers will:
- Provide leaders hip and direction to team members
- E nsure members are completing tasks on time
- Manage the budget and schedule
- Work closely with the Directorate Process team
- Ensure employees are familiar with, and use required engineering processes and tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)from an accredited institution with 5years of experience in Aerospace industry and/or Design
- Candidate must be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level with a background investigation date with 6 years OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Prior management experienceor engineering team lead experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Experience with industry standard design tools including CATIA V5, NX8 or NX10, Teamcenter, Engineering Central and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance applications (GD&T)
- Must be a good communicator and work well in a team environment
Back to top