Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Process Assessor to join its Test and Inspection team. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
The Process Assessor will perform all process, product inspections of purchased/manufactured components and assemblies for development and production programs in the AMEC area. Determine overall product compliance by performing process and product evaluations via process monitor and/or auditing for capability and control.
This is an IBEW Union Represented position.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Candidate must be either certified as an ASQ-Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) OR comparable certification program OR have successfully completed accredited (3 credit) college courses* in each of the following areas: Quality Concepts in Manufacturing (typical course content includes quality practices, continuous improvement, statistical process control, auditing, etc.); Shop Math - including Trigonometry, Geometry and Introductory Algebra; Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5; and part Measurement and Gauging Techniques.
- Must have 3-5 years prior industrial experience in a Technology environment involving microelectronic, aerospace electronic fabrication and assembly.
- Knowledge of the Manufacturing process (electronic & mechanical products.)
- Competency in Microsoft word.
- Submit official transcripts and course descriptions at the time of application.
- Competency with basic computer skills including microsoft excel and a working knowledge of SAP.
- Good people skills are a plus in addition to being able to work in a team environment including being able to perform in a multi-disciplined IPT (Team environment determining priorities, and offering solutions to diversified requirements.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top