Prncpl Suply Chn Subctrct Spec
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Principle Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist for the F35 Program to work with domestic and international suppliers.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Sources (single/sole and competition) and procures specialized goods and services.
- Owns contractual management for the supplier.
-Source selection from contract proposal to execution phases.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
-In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules. Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportationand warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Manages suppliers.
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
Bachelors degree 6 + yearsof e xperience incontracts and/or subcontracts management,and related experience to price/cost analysis ;Masters degree with 4 years of same e xperience
The successful candidate will possess strong communication and writing skills.
Understandingof procurement polices, procedures and FAR/DFARS regulations
Understandingof the proposal process, pricing instructions, terms and conditions and determine the adequacy of subcontractor proposals received.
Working knowledge of SAP
Must be a US citizen and be eligible to obtain a secret clearance.
Experience in conducting competitions for sourceselection
Experience with ITAR/EAR
Experience working with non-US parties
Experience with SAP procurement module
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top