Prncpl Engr Mission Assurance
Implement mission/flight assurance plans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Works as a member of an integrated product team with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Safety & Mission Assurance staff in various groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and with Northrop Grumman Manufacturing, Integration & Test and Engineering organizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to program Flight Assurance Manager in review of various activities.
1. Leads core quality improvement projects to build compliant and cost effective processes with sustainable improvements.
2. Implement quality plans for hardware and software addressing design, manufacturing, integration and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements.
3. Review practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product quality.
4. Lead root-cause analysis, Corrective and Preventative Action solutions. Analyze and interpret trends and executes improvements on key metrics.
5. Participates in program and Mission Assurance reviews. Represents Mission Assurance at different program reviews and review boards including Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Corrective Action Board (CAB).
6. Collect and analyze data related to Risk Management activities.
7. Evaluate contract program requirements are flowed down internally and to suppliers, ensures compliance with contract program, quality and organizational requirements.
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
Able to read engineering documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions. Knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa and fault tree. Previous experience working in AS/ISO/CMMI certified organization.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top