Prncpl Engr Circuit Dsgn
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
Northrop Grumman is looking for an experiencedindividualto lead flight digital hardwareboard and unit development as a Responsible Design Engineer (RDE). Tasks of this role include collaboration with systems engineering, mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers, and other electrical engineers to perform design trades, perform requirements flowdown, create interconnection drawings, perform electrical analysis, develop test plans, and ultimately deliver engineering model and flight hardware that meets program requirements.
The qualified candidate will be an experienced digital design engineer who will work on digital board design and development with applications in signal processing, network routing and switching, or embedded processors for air and space applications. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conceptual design
- Circuit Design
- Architecture development
- Schematics development
- Worst case analysis
- Board Integration & test
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM field from an accredited institution
- A minimumof5 years experience in electrical board or unit design (3 years with Masters of Science degree)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in hardware design/development or production
- US Citizenship required
-5 years of experience developing Electronics for military or spacecraft applications
- Digital or Mixed signal unit, slice, board, and/or ASIC/FPGA design and development experience
- Master's or PhD degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or other Engineering field from an accredited institution
- Hands-on knowledge of programmatic/cost account management (CAM) processes, project planning and scheduling, cost control, change control, EVMS, staffing, coordination and oversight of technical work effort
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to manage engineers and technicians in a process driven environment
- Experience in program execution and demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) across all levels of the organization
- Ability to obtain/maintain an SSBI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top