Prncpl Cyber Sys Administrator (Cybersecurity Developer 19-228)
- Colorado Springs, CO
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Cybersecurity Developer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The Cybersecurity Developer will develop and test patches to fix vulnerabilities in Windows and RHEL. The candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Set and apply GPOs and STIG configurations.
- Install and configure Linux and Windows from the OS up to the application level.
- Document and verify all installation and configuration steps for the labs and fielded systems.
- Develop test plans/procedures for software integration and unit test.
- Work with software developers and/or vendors as needed to help diagnose and identify the root cause of problems found during system integration.
- Submit problem reports for errors found and coordinate daily integration activities with other team members.
- Active Secret clearance is required
- 5 Years of experience with a Bachelor's degree; 9 years' experience in lieu of a degree. 3 years of experience with a Master's degree, or 0 years of experience with a PhD.
- DoDI 8570 certification (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP) or higher required to start.
- Experience scripting, installing, and testing patches on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures to apply Cybersecurity configurations such as Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and STIGs to an existing system .
- User experience with VMWare systems administration and configuring virtual machines.
- Experience with writing, debugging and maintaining Python scripts.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top